(a)access or use our website and our services and products (“Services and Products”); and/or
(b) provide us with Your Content, regardless or the medium through which such Content is provided.
Oort recommends that you shall carefully read and understand this Policy before your use of our Services and Products. By providing us with your Content, you consent to our collection, use, disclosure (including transfer) and processing of your Content in accordance with this Policy. Please DO NOT provide any of your Content to us if you do not accept this Policy.
Oort reserves the right to update this Policy online from time to time, without notice to you, and the revised Policy will come into effect and supersede the older versions once posted on our website and other applications. The revised Policy will apply to Your Content provided to us previously. In particular, if you do not accept the revised Policy, please immediately stop your use of our Services and Products. Your continuous use of our Services and Products will be regarded as your acceptance of the revised policy.
1. Information We Collect
1.1 We collect your data and Personal Information, including but not limited to:
- your device information, operation records, and transaction records;
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank account information;
- information about your location;
- information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization;
- usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information;
- content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- your image, video, and in some cases 3-D, voice, and other identifiers that are personal to you when you attend our event or use certain Oort Services and Products that we offer;
- information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information;
- corporate and financial information;
- and VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.
- Information from Other Sources: Oort might collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
1.2 You confirm that your account information and password may be stored or synchronized on the Company’ servers.
1.3 We may also request for you to provide us with additional Personal Information and data in order for us to enable your use of any specific functions of the Services and Products. Your refusal to provide us with the requested information will be considered as your choice to not use a particular specific function of the Services and Products.
1.4 To the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations, the Company may collect and use Your Content in the following circumstances without your prior consent or authorization:
- 1.4.1 information related to national security and national defense;
- 1.4.2 information related to public security, public health, and significant public interests;
- 1.4.3 information related to a criminal investigation, prosecution, trial, and enforcement;
- 1.4.4 Personal Information in the public domain;
- 1.4.5 Personal Information collected from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure, and other channels;
- 1.4.6 Personal Information necessary to maintain the security and compliance of services, such as to detect or to solve the malfunction of products and services; and/or
- 1.4.7 other circumstances permitted by laws and regulations.
1.5 We collect information in the following ways:
- 1.5.1 when you provide us with your Personal Information for whatever reasons;
- 1.5.2 when you authorize us to obtain your Personal Information from a third party;
- 1.5.3 when you register for a user account to use our Services;
- 1.5.4 when you contact us or interact with our employees through various communication channels, for example, through social media platforms, messenger platforms, face-to-face meetings, telephone calls, emails, fax and letters;
- 1.5.5 when you transact with us, contact us or request that we contact you;
- 1.5.6 when you request to be included in an email or our mailing list.
1.6 Our Services may contain certain technologies that collect your data and Personal Information in the manner described in this Policy (see paragraph 5 below) or the applicable terms and conditions.
1.7 Your provision of Personal Information to us is voluntary and you may withdraw your consent for us to use your Personal Information at any time. However, if you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information we require, it may not be possible for you to use our Services or for us to contact you, or provide products or services which you need from us.
1.8 In certain circumstances, you may also provide us with the data and Personal Information of persons other than yourself. If you do so, you warrant that you have informed him/her of the purposes for which we are collecting his/her data and Personal Information and that he/she has consented to your disclosure of his/her data and Personal Information to us for those purposes. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims by such individuals relating to our collection, use, and disclosure of such data and Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
1.9 You are responsible for ensuring that all Personal Information that you provide to us is true, accurate, and complete. You are responsible for informing us of any changes to your Personal Information.
2 How We Use Your Information
2.1 We collect, use, or disclose your data and Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- regulations2.1.1 to provide you with our products and/or services that you request for;
- 2.1.2 to manage your relationship with us;
- 2.1.3 to facilitate your use of our Services and Products;
- 2.1.4 we may push important notifications to you, such as software updates, updates of Terms of Service and this Policy;
- 2.1.5 to assist with your feedback, complaints and requests by using our Services and Products;
- 2.1.6 to notify you of our products, services, programs, and events;
- 2.1.7 to resolve any disputes, investigating any complaint, claim, or dispute or any actual or suspected illegal or unlawful conduct;
- 2.1.8 to conduct our internal audit, data analysis, and research;
- 2.1.9 to conduct user behavior tracking by tracking your use of our Services and Products;
- 2.1.10 to comply with our obligations in accordance with applicable laws, and regulations and to cooperate with regulatory authorities;
- 2.1.11 to comply with international sanctions and applicable regulations for securities and to counter money-laundering or financing of terrorism;
- 2.1.12 to enforce obligations and contractual terms and conditions owed to us;
- 2.1.13 to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop Oort Services and Products;
- 2.1.14 to market and promote Oort Services and Products;
- 2.1.15 to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, our Services and Products, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- 2.1.16 any other reasonable purposes related to the aforesaid.
3 How You Control Your Own Information
You are entitled to control your data and Personal Information provided to us.
3.2 You are entitled to ask us to update, revise, and delete your Personal Information and data and/or withdraw any consent provided to us. If you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update, revise, delete or have access to your Personal Information and data held by us, or if you do not accept this Policy and/or any amendment to it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3.3 In many circumstances, we need to use your Personal Information and data in order for us to provide you with products or services that you require. If you do not provide us with the required Personal Information, or if you withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require.
4 Information We may Share or Transfer
4.1 We will keep your Personal Information and data for so long as we need the Personal Information and data for our business and legal purposes.
4.2 You agree that we may disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties such as:
- 4.2.1 service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services to us such as conducting know-your-clients checks, accounting, data processing or management services, website hosting, maintenance and operation services, e-mail message services, analysis services, handling of payment transactions, marketing etc; and
- 4.2.2 our consultants and professional advisors (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
- 4.2.3 our strategic business partners and associates.
4.3 The Company may share with or transfer your Personal Information to third party for the following circumstances:
- 4.3.1 the collected Personal Information is publicized by yourself;
- 4.3.2 the Personal Information is collected from public information which was legally disclosed, such as news (lawfully reported), government information disclosure and other channels;
- 4.3.3 in order to abide by applicable laws, regulations, legal procedures, and administrative or judiciary authorities or to enforce our Policy or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety;
- 4.3.4 in the case of mergers and acquisitions, if transfer of Personal Information is involved, the Company may require the receivers of Personal Information to be continuously bound by this Policy.
4.4 As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or services. In such transactions, personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Oort or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information and data will of course be one of the transferred assets.
5 Automatic Data Collection Technologies
5.1 We use Automatic Data Collection Technologies on our Services. Examples of such technologies include:
- 5.1.2 Web analytics. Web analytics is the term given to a method for collecting and assessing the behavior of visitors to websites and mobile applications. This includes the analysis of traffic patterns in order, for example, to determine the frequency of visits to certain parts of a website or mobile application, or to find out what information and services our visitors are most interested in. The web analytics services on our Services and Products are provided by third-party service providers.
6 How We Protect Your Information
6.1 If the Company ceases operation, the Company will stop the collection of your Personal Information and data, and take steps to delete or anonymize your Personal Information and data held by us within a reasonable period.
6.2 To protect your Personal Information and data, the Company may adopt data security techniques, improve internal compliance levels, provide security training for our staff, and set security authority for access to relevant data to protect your Personal Information and data.
7 Protection for the Minors
The following special provisions apply to minors who are under the age of 18 years old:
7.1 The minors shall not use our Services and Products without the guidance from their parents or guardians.
7.2 The parents and guardians of the minors shall provide guidance to the minors on using our Services and Products after they read this Policy, Oort Terms of Service and other relevant rules.
8.1 After you use Third-Party Service, you acknowledge that this Policy no longer applies to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your Personal Information and data by these third parties. The Company is unable to guarantee that these third parties will implement reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information.
8.2 You are solely responsible for your use of Third-Party Service and agree that you will not hold the Company liable for any damages incurred or injuries inflicted as a result of the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your Personal Information and data by these third parties.
8.3 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY WILL ADOPT MEASURES AS REASONABLE AS POSSIBLE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA UNDER CURRENT TECHNIQUES ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS, TO AVOID THE DISCLOSURE, TAMPERING OR DAMAGE OF INFORMATION. SINCE THE COMPANY TRANSFERS DATA WIRELESSLY, THE COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTEE ON THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF WIRELESS INTERNET DATA TRANSFERRING.
8.4 You may specify the regions in which Your Content will be stored. However, you understand that the blockchain technology is of anonymous and decentralized nature. Your data and personal information thus may be shared with and distributed to third parties outside of your own jurisdictions or regions. Some applicable laws and regulations such as GDPR may not apply in some cases. You consent to the storage of Your Content in, and transfer of Your Content into, outside of the regions you select.
9.1 You shall fully understand and conform to the laws, regulations and rules in your jurisdictions which are relevant to use of the services and products provided by Oort.
9.2 Governing Law and Dispute Resolution:
- 9.2.1 This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas.
- 9.2.2 In the event of any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Policy, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the Parties shall first seek friendly settlement of that dispute.
- 9.2.3 Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this terms and conditions or the matters contemplated hereunder shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Texas, and each Party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding and waives any objection based on improper venue or forum non conveniens. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by mail to such Party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court.
- 9.2.4 We and you agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. We and you waive any right to a jury trial. Notwithstanding the foregoing we and you both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
9.4 Any translated versions of this Policy are provided for the convenience of Users, and are not intended to amend the original English version of this Policy. If there is any discrepancy between the English version and non-English version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
9.5 As for any issues not covered in this Policy, you shall comply with the Oort’s Terms and Conditions, Oort’s other announcements and relevant rules as updated by the Company from time to time.